What We Do Home>Environmental Planning>Wetland Workshop
Wetlands Working For Your Community
Planning and Zoning for Clean Water
This event took place on Thursday, June 18th, 2015. There was a Walking Tour of the Wetlands at Harbor Shores, led by Sarett Nature Center and the Friends of the St. Joseph River! Following the tour there was a wetland workshop at the Inn at Harbor Shores. Special thanks to the Inn at Harbor Shores for providing a great venue overlooking the St. Joseph River harbor for this event!
Presentations included the status of wetlands (existing and historic), the benefits and functions wetlands provide in communities, new wetland data that is now available for informing planning and zoning decisions, and zoning techniques for protecting wetlands and water quality.
Checklist - Local Options for Protecting Wetlands
- Wetlands - What are they and what functions do they serve.
- Local Wetland Protection Options.
- Fabius Township on Local Wetland Protection.
Fabius Township's Wetland Protection Information
- Fabius Township's Wetland Ordinance
- When Do I need a permit on the lakeshore
- Fabius Township Land Owner Letter
- Citizen's Guide to Requirements for Wetland Permits and Soil Conservation Permits in Fabius Township.
This workshop was hosted by Friends of the St. Joe River Association and the Southwest Michigan Planning Commission in partnership with:
Northern Region of the Indiana Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Michigan State University Extension, Citizen Planner
- St. Joseph River Basin Commission
- Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy
- Northeast Indiana Regional Planning Commission
- Southcentral Michigan Planning Council
- Two Rivers Coalition
- Sarett Nature Center
- Berrien County Community Development/Harbor Authority
- The Inn at Harbor Shores
To view the past wetland workshop that took place on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Ferrettie/Baugo Creek - St. Joseph County Parks 57057 Ash Road, Osceola, IN 46561, please click here.
Phone: 269.925.1137 Fax: 269.925.0288