The following is a list of economic development project funding resources at both the state and federal levels. Look for updates periodically, as requests for proposals are announced throughout the year. Our Transportation Funding page contains more detailed information on specific opportunities for funding transportation projects and plans in Southwest Michigan.
Federal Funding — Economic Development Administration
The U.S. Economic Development Association (EDA) funds the following Investment Programs: Public Works, Partnership Planning, Local Technical Assistance, and Economic Adjustment Assistance.
Other Federal Funding
- U.S. Housing and Urban Development's Economic Development programs
- Department of Labor's Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management — Grant and Contract Information
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Current Funding Opportunities
- HUD, DOT, and EPA's Partnership for Sustainable Communities
- U.S. Small Business Administration's Financial Assistance and Small Business Learning Center
- National Park Service's Preserve America Grants
- Grants.gov — Access point for over 900 grant programs offered by the 26 Federal grant-making agencies, administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
State and Regional Funding
- The State of Michigan's MI Place Partnership's Funding Page.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation's 21st Century Jobs Fund, Arts and Culture Grant Programs, Community Development Block Grants (CDBGs), and Renaissance Zones
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development grant opportunities page
- MDCD Energy Office's Michigan Biomass Energy Program and Rebuild Michigan Program
- Department of Natural Resources' various grant programs
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation Project-Ready Sites
- Michigan Community College Association's Michigan New Jobs Training Program
- The Food Export Association of the Midwest U.S.A.'s Branded Program