Planning Tools Home>Model Ordinances
Citizen Planner - Session 6 - Best Practices - example ordinances
Water and Natural Resource Protection Ordinances
- Filling the Gaps
- Water Quality Checklist for Master Plans and Zoning Ordinances
- Black River Watershed Master Plan Language and Ordinance Recommendations to protect water quality. This project was funded with an MDNRE grant (non-point source pollution section 319 of the Clean Water Act). Get more information on the Black River Watershed Project and see a master plan and zoning ordinance checklist for water quality.
- Opportunities for Water Resource Protection in Local Plans, Ordinances, and Programs: A Workbook for Local Governments This workbook provides tools for planning and design that consider water quality protection. It provides local governments with a continuum of options for preserving and restoring water resources and demonstrating the connections between plans and ordinances.
- Stormwater Model Ordinance (PDF, 1.6 MB) See more information on Low Impact Development.
- Macomb County Model Environmental Ordinances Macomb County has implemented several ordinances geared toward environmental protection. They have also made these ordinances available for use by other municipalities in a template format:
- Stormwater Management
- Overlay District
- Setback Ordinance
- Native Vegetation
- Woodland/Tree Protection
- Center for Watershed Protection
Better Site Design: A Handbook for Changing Development Rules in Your Community.
- Handbook Part I, Center for Watershed Protection, 1998 (PDF, 10 MB)
Wind Energy Resources
Measure your local wind; loan program.
This page last updated on 7/29/2020.